Does this sound like you?
“I don’t have time to do my homework … I can’t keep up at school”
Sometimes you may find it hard to keep up with homework, coursework or revising for exams because of your caring role at home.
Our Inbetweeners group is for Young Adult Carers who are aged between 17 and 24. We meet up once a month to give you chance to socialise with other carers of a similar age, make new friendships and have some time out from your caring responsibilities.
This is a small, friendly group and we welcome any new carers to come along and join us.
Some of the recent activities the Inbetweeners have enjoyed have included: Lee Nelson show at the Place, Oakengates, Closer to the Edge activity afternoon, Telford Town park and Circus of Horrors at Oakengates Theatre.
For future planned activities, check our calender.
If you have any questions, would like any further information or would like to book onto any of the trips or activities please contact Jane Evans.
Phone: 01952 916079
We aim to help young adult carers by…
- Encouraging independence and self-determination
- Helping them take greater control of their lives by equipping them with advocacy and leadership skills
- Encouraging them to take an active part in education and recreation
- Providing an age appropriate forum for respite, self-help and emotional support among other group members
- Providing information about all the key services that can help in their caring role, available to them in the Telford area
- Encouraging them to prioritise their own health and well-being