Carers Centre is part of Telford and Wrekin CVS . The role of Carers Centre is to support and enable carers to improve their quality of life and to be more confident and able in their caring role.
Carers Centre has support workers who understand the problems and who are there to listen and offer specialist, individual and group support to carers that care for Adults with Physical Disability or Illness, Older People, Adults with a Learning Disability and Adults with a Mental Health Issue.
How We Can Help You
We aim to meet the needs of carers in a variety of ways depending on their preferences, the difficulties they may be facing and the level of care they are providing:
- We provide a ‘listening ear’ and give support when it is needed most, either by telephone or face-to face
- We help carers access the support and services that are available to them
- We help create opportunities for carers to have a voice in the planning and development of services
- We can also help carers to access appropriate financial support and/or grants
- We provide up to date information
- We run Support Groups that meet in venues around Telford and Wrekin providing an opportunity to socialise and take a break from the caring role, share information, gain support and discuss topics of interest with carers in similar situations.
All of the Carers Centre support workers are based at the Carers Centre in Wellington, Telford. If you are a carer and feel you need help, advice and support, contact us now
For more information about our services for carers, download our Carers Centre General leaflet
(To download the leaflet, you will need Adobe Reader. This can be obtained free of charge by going to www.adobe.com.)
We provide a quarterly newsletter, which is full of relevant information for carers.
We organise and promote social opportunities for carers, such as monthly organised walks for carers and pamper days
We link carers to other organisations that can provide specialist help